S.T.DUPONT BS lighter or Briquet Standard.
Indispensable in the world of lighters the brand S.T.DUPONT released its first gasoline lighter in 1941 then its first gas lighter in 1952. The DUPONT BS is the brand’s second gas lighter. It was manufactured between 1959 and 1973.
It does not have a flame adjustment wheel. The small toothed wheel on the lock is used to cut off the gas supply with the hood open. This wheel is the distinctive sign of DUPONT BS.