S.T.DUPONT BS lighter or Briquet Standard.
Indispensable in the world of lighters the brand S.T.DUPONT released its first gasoline lighter in 1941 then its first gas lighter in 1952. The DUPONT BS is the brand’s second gas lighter. It was manufactured between 1959 and 1973.
It does not have a flame adjustment wheel. The small toothed wheel on the lock is used to cut off the gas supply with the hood open. This wheel is the distinctive sign of DUPONT BS.
The flame adjustment is carried out by screwing or unscrewing the burner using a tool supplied with the lighter (or with pliers).
Only one cap is present on the bottom of the lighter, it is the cap of the filling valve.
It comes in two sizes:
- Small model : BSP lg 35 mm x 14 mm x ht 47 mm, yellow gas refill – gray stone.
- Large model : BSG lg 35 mm x 14 mm x ht 58 mm, red gas refill – gray stone.
Here a vintage BS small model with basketry pattern:
S.T.DUPONT official website.